YCH Group, Asia Pacific’s leading integrated end-to-end supply chain management and logistics partner, announced that it has launched Supply Chain Angels (SCA), its corporate venture arm. Co-invested by National Research Foundation (NRF) under the Early Stage Venture Funding Scheme III (ESVF III), SCA invests in startups that are synergistic and complementary to YCH’s supply chain and logistic business with the aim of “Creating Unicorns in the Supply Chain”. Through SCA, YCH Group will invest S$10m with NRF providing funding support on a 1:1 matching basis.
SCA will be focusing its investment in the following areas:
- “Uberisation” of Logistics : New and smart ways of maximising the utilisation of capital and assets in areas such as reverse logistics, warehousing etc
- The Internet of Things (IoT) that provides supply chain professionals with greater visibility, accuracy and pinpoint identification of potential issues throughout supply chain processes
- 3D printing for on demand production and where products can be virtually warehoused
- Big Data: Advanced supply chain technologies of the future that will automate decision making
- Robotics such as drones, smart warehouse robots, smart machines and automation
- Fin Tech: Revolutionising the supply chain financing system
The startups will be encouraged to locate in Asia’s first and only supply chain venture space: Supply Chain CityTM. Home to 10,000 square feet of startup innovation with over 2 million square feet logistics ecosystem housing logistic operations of numerous MNCs and training of supply chain professionals, Supply Chain CityTM is located in the heart of the Jurong Innovation District.