The series of service enhancements UPS has impacted almost 1.4 million postal codes in 41 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, enabling worldwide connectivity for over 22 million businesses.
In the first half of 2019, UPS completed the following as part of its strategy to bolster economic development in the region, which is projected to account for 63 per cent of global GDP growth in 2019:
- Shenzhen Asia Pacific Air Hub upgrades increase the hub’s processing capacity by nearly 50 per cent in preparation for volume gains in the coming three years
- Transit times reduced across 2,300 trade lanes: Intercontinental transit times reduced by up to 4 days, while shipments with destinations in Asia see transit times improved by up to 2 days
- Improved the geographic reach of UPS Worldwide Express® services, offering international shipping with time-definite deliveries in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea; Customers in Xi An, China and new provinces in Vietnam can now access UPS Worldwide Express Freight™, a guaranteed door-to-door service for palletised shipments over 70kg
- Extended pick-up times by up to five hours for export shipments from China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea, widening production windows and giving businesses additional time to fulfil customer orders
- Strengthened supply chain flexibility with Saturday pick-up services in the US enabling import shipments destined for eight markets in Asia to be delivered one day earlier than before