Shoppers across Southeast Asia stood ready to check out their carts at the strike of midnight on 11 November, scooping up deals at the biggest one-day Lazada 11.11 Shopping Festival. This year, Lazada also took its celebrations to a whole new level, with their star-studded Gala Super Shows in Malaysia and Thailand seeing thousands of fans in attendance for both shows.
Here is a snapshot of new records that have been broken so far (from 00:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs):
- The fastest time taken to pack a parcel was 25 seconds after the order was placed;
- On average, each shopper in Southeast Asia collected more than nine vouchers;
- Malaysia set a new industry record when all 11 units of Volkswagen Polo B&W cars were snapped up under one minute;
- Pop-stars and bands performing at the launch e.g. KARD, popular South Korean band at Lazada 11.11 Gala Super Shows in Thailand and Malaysia;
- Local hashtag #LazadaPHShoppingFest in Philippines amassed almost 5,000 posts on Instagram at 11.11a.m on 11 November.
Technology and lifestyle brands dominated sales in the region. As of 4pm on 11 November, the following brands made it to the Lazada Top 10 Brand Leaderboard:
Among the most popular items snapped up include mobile phones, vacuum cleaners, diapers, milk formula, nutrition drinks, and game consoles. (*Refer to Annex for more information)
Lazada lights up Southeast Asia
Lazada shook up the 11.11 extravaganza with electrifying light and sound shows in Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia. In addition, Lazada held a countdown party at Millenia Walk, Singapore, and star-studded Gala Super Shows in Malaysia and Thailand.
On Friday, 9 November 2018, Lazada Vietnam’s inaugural “Light Up” event combined lighting, music performances, and 3D mapping technology to bring to life the historic and iconic Independence Palace in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Popular female singer, Dong Nhi, and boyband, Uni5, worked up the thousands of fans at the highly-charged event, where locals and tourists alike were treated to a dazzling show. Lazada also carried out a light and sound show as well as performances in Jakarta, Indonesia. The shows continued over three days leading up to 11 November 2018 in Vietnam and Indonesia.