Skip to content

Keppel Logistics aims to stay relevant with e-commerce

Keppel Logistics aims to stay relevant with e-commerce


Staying relevant in a fast-changing sector is a key strategy for Keppel Logistics, said chief executive Desmond Gay. This is why the company – a wholly-owned unit of Keppel Telecommunications & Transportation – embarked on a S$4.6m acquisition of a majority stake in e-commerce logistics company Courex in October 2016.

Courex is a third-party logistics service provider that supports the needs of retailers, from last mile delivery to international shipping and warehousing. It counts Singapore Airlines and Hachi.Tech among its clients. Keppel Logistics holds a 59.6 per cent stake in Courex, while the remaining 40.4 per cent is held by founder Mr Joe Chua, who continues to lead the company.

Mr Gay noted that the acquisition came as a “natural progression” for Keppel Logistics, as it moved to expand from its traditional B2B (business to business) business into the B2C (business to consumer) space, or the e-commerce market.