SGUNITED SKILLS PROGRAMME (SGUS)
Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management & Transformation
A Logistics & Supply Chain Train-and-Place Program
Administered by SMU Academy
Facilitated by Supply Chain Asia
To Register – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing Supply Chain Business Environment
The world of supply chain is in upheaval caused by the coronavirus. The global focus on Covid-19 has shifted the priorities for all businesses and individuals globally. While the impact of and the reaction to the virus on supply chains and logistics appear to be spreading across the globe, organisations may be able to anticipate the impact on their business by using a combined set of tools.
The global nature of the economy requires all organisations to understand their direct supply chains, and also the inherent risks that they may be exposed to at the secondary or tertiary supplier and customer levels. Being aware of these risks will help with formulating corporate strategies and business planning.
Programme Designed for the New Economy
The Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management & Transformation is a joint programme development between SMU Academy and Supply Chain Asia. Supported by the SGUnited Skills Training initiative, this 6-month full-time programme will provide a stepping stone to trainees who are keen to upgrade and expand their knowledge in the ever-green and dynamic supply chain industry.
Candidates who signed up for the program will be expected to complete the following:
- Part 1. 15 days of classroom training
- Part 2. 15 days of classroom training
Part 1 – Basics of Supply Chain & Logistics Management
The Basics of Supply Chain & Logistics Management is operations-oriented programming designed to bring a trainee through a series of logistics and supply chain operating environment within an organisation. The various modules covered in this program include Freight, Transportation, Logistics and International Trade operations.
- Module 1 – Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management (2 days)
- Module 2 – Supply Chain Operations Management (2 days)
- Module 3 – Multi-modal and Transportation Management (2 days)
- Module 4 – Air and Sea Freight Management (3 days)
- Module 5 – Warehousing & Logistics Management (3 days)
- Module 6 – Trade Regulation, Facilitation and Compliance Management (3 days)
Part 2 – Supply Chain Innovation & Transformation Program
The Supply Chain Innovation & Transformation program aims to provide trainees with leading-edge practices from the digital world that can improve their company’s growth, flexibility, speed and efficiency. In this practice-based training program, participants will be equipped with a holistic overview of the supply chain business function involving the transformation of the supply chain operations. At the end of the training, the trainee should be able to:
- Develop a digital strategy that embeds the right technologies for your business
- Understand and manage global supply-chain complexity and risks
- Optimise your global material, information and financial flows
- Lead organisational change and SC transformation
Part 2 will comprise the following training modules:
- Module 1 – The Digitalisation of Supply Chain – Insights and Outlook (3 days)
- Module 2 – Introduction to the Innovation Transformation Tool kit & Project Management (3 days)
- Module 3 – Internet of Things – Sensors and Actuators (3 days)
- Module 4 – Autonomous Technologies and Robotics (3 days)
- Module 5 – Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence (3 days)
Award of Certificates
Upon completion of the various components, the candidate will be awarded certificates from SMU Academy:
- Part 1 –Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Part 2 – Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Innovation & Transformation
- Completion of Part 1 & 2 – Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management & Transformation
|Fees Payable (w/GST)|
|Full Course Fees (Non-Singaporeans & Residents)||$32,100 (w/GST)|
|PRs and Singaporeans below 40 years old||$9,630 (w/GST)|
|Singaporeans above 40 years Old||$3,630 (w/GST)|
@Singaporeans can tap also on Skills Future Credit to pay for the subsidised fees.
^Singaporeans & PRs can apply for Special Training Grant from Supply Chain Asia. Conditions apply.
ABOUT SMU ACADEMY
Established in 2000, SMU has earned a reputation for its leading-edge research with global impact. We produce creative and entrepreneurial leaders with broad-based knowledge, well-prepared for the needs of the economy.
The Academy, with its pillars of Finance & Banking, HR Management & Leadership, and Information Technology leverages SMU’s reputation and linkages to prepare our workforce with the competencies and career resilience required for today’s rapidly changing world.
ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN ASIA
Supply Chain Asia is a not-for-profit professional body that aims to bring professionals from within the logistics and supply chain industry together to share knowledge, learn from one another and create opportunities for collaborations. The three central cores of SCA are connecting people from various sectors of the industry, encouraging communication amongst professionals and creating opportunities for collaborations. The four main pillars of the organisations are memberships, events, academy and publication.
SCA holds various events annually to provide networking and learning opportunities for the community. The organisation also provides training courses in the area of logistics and SCM, equipping attendees with skills that apply to the real working scenarios in the industry. As for membership, SCA aims to develop a close-knit community that continues to better itself by leveraging on SCA’s platform and services.